CARE & MAINTENANCE
Your handcrafted windowcoverings have been made using the finest natural materials available. Below are recommended care and maintenance instructions to ensure your windowcoverings retain their natural beauty for years to come.
- After receiving your windowcoverings, it is recommended that you promptly remove them from the box and install or hang to minimize creasing and wrinkling.
- Vacuum your Grassweave and Papyrusweave® windowcoverings on a monthly basis using an upholstery attachment to remove dust, animal hairs and other airborne dirt.
- For windowcoverings that extend to the floor, always use special care to avoid contact when cleaning the floor.
- Prolonged exposure to the elements will result in visible wear. It is recommended to open and close windowcoverings on a regular basis to help ensure they wear evenly.
- Ensure windows are dry to protect your windowcoverings from moisture caused by window condensation or rain. Prolonged exposure to moisture and extreme humidity can cause discoloration from mildew, which can be difficult or impossible to remove.
- Inspect draperies periodically for pins that may need to be repositioned.
- In the event that minor wrinkling occurs, use a dry iron on low setting. Increase heat as needed, do not exceed medium setting. Do not use steam.
- Consult a reputable dry cleaner when fabric windowcoverings require dry cleaning. Grassweave, Papyrusweave and Performance Fabric can not be dry cleaned.
See CARE INSTRUCTIONS GUIDE found on weave detail pages: