THURSDAY APRIL 22, 2021
New In-House Designs for Spring 2021
APRIL 2021 (TUALATIN, OREGON) - Hartmann&Forbes, maker of sustainable natural window and wall coverings announces new in-house designs for Spring21. A passion for handweaving, design exploration and a love of nature continues to fuel the evolution and growth of their H&F Studio Collections. The update includes Studio Concepts, Grassweave Essence, and Performance Fabric Collections, as well as a new collection of Handwoven Border Trims.
Combinations of unique fibers and techniques are the focus of these new, individual, limited-edition designs.
• HAVANA - Defined by distinctive plaid stripes enriched with an intricate check pattern adding depth and definition against a beige backdrop, Havana is loomed with hand-placed fibers of black abaca and thick, textural ramie. The sensibility is at once relaxed and tailored.
• PIMA - Masterfully interwoven with a mix of thick and thin ramie fibers creating a variegated palette, Pima features a freeform composition of subtle, open stripes. Elegant, white striations are reminiscent of cotton fields, which enhances the tactile richness and rustic-meets refined feel.
• MELANGE- A multihued mix of fibers marks the Melange design. Ramie, palm, and black abaca are skillfully twisted together to evoke the heathered look of eagle feathers. The weave – distinctive and dense – combines natural colors to create a slanted, impressionistic pattern.
• TATAMI - A thick warp of double-twisted palm yarns yields a textural landscape that conjures traditional Japanese mats. Hand-knotted fibers in two earthy colors combine to form a tonal grid pattern while allowing light to pass through like a dimensional screen.
GRASSWEAVE ESSENCE COLLECTION
A foundational weave that pairs with a wide range of H&F collections and offers endless customization capabilities now features 25 colorways.
• ESSENCE FIVE NEW COLORWAYS - Rich jewel tones and onyx add to this collection of Woven-to-Size Grassweave, demonstrating refined beauty.
The solution when you need heat and glare reduction, UV filtration, and privacy. The 9000 series, with a modern textured design, is updated in the ever-popular bright white and shades of grey and brown.
• 9000 - Four new colors added to this modern textured design that offers total light blockage when room darkening is needed. Inherently blocks heat loss and reduces UV transmission.
HANDWOVEN BORDER TRIMS
An exquisite collection of border trims handwoven in a new contemporary design.
• STRIATED - Hand loomed from ramie, our custom border trim features an earthy palette of complementary colors that edge in and out for a subtle chiaroscuro effect.
Explore Spring 2021 New Arrivals >
New In-House Designs for Spring 2021 Press Release PDF >